In Honor of Salwa
On the 10th of December 2014- International Human Rights Day – we launched the Justice For Salwa Is Justice for All campaign. A campaign to break the silence on violence against women, to secure the support of the regional and international community and the commitment of governments to ensure the protection of women and the delivery of justice, for Salwa and for all. We continue this campaign and movement for accountability and justice today. Join the campaign.
- Arab women leaders call on the UN to integrate women’s realities in conflict into existing peace resolutions
- VIDEO: International Forum on Gender and Conflict
- Marking adoption of UNSC Resolution 1325 on Women Peace & Security, Gender and Conflict Forum: The Arab region must address with adequate resolve the use of violence against women as a weapon of war
- VIDEO: UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security – Press Conference
- Arab women leaders criticize Sustainable Development Agenda for failing to respond to the situations of women in conflict
- United Nations told that Arab women are still being ignored in conflict
- Libyan human rights campaigner Salwa Bugaighis remembered in Cairo and The Hague.
In the News
- Women are the Bridges Across Syrian Communities, They Will be the Peacemakers
- This is the brutal effect of war on the women of Syria
- #JusticeForSalwa is Justice For All
- We Won’t End Violence Against Women in 16 Days But It’s a Start
- Don’t Hold Back Your Tears for Yemen
- Syrians Risk Being Ignored at Their Own Peace Talks But Only They Can Bring Lasting Peace